Drug and Alcohol Awareness - CPD Approved Video Training
Drug and Alcohol Awareness – CPD Approved Video Training
Did you know that 24% of adults in England and Scotland frequently drink over the limit and class A drug use is on the rise in young people in the UK? This Drug and Alcohol Awareness – CPD Approved Video Training course is designed to provide learners with an understanding of the causes and signs of drug abusers, exploring its treatment and side effects in detail.
In this drug awareness training course, you will deepen your knowledge of the different types of drugs, their classification and health implications. Through case studies and practical exercises, you will learn how to support substance misusers and stage an intervention if needed, as well as again an understanding of drug treatment service. You will also learn about company best practice regarding drug abuse at work.
Highlights of the Drug and Alcohol Awareness – CPD Approved Video Training :
- Understand the common causes of why people abuse drugs and alcohol
- Deepen your knowledge of the mental and physical health implications of substance abuse
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the different types of drug treatment services
- Learn about the classification of different drugs and their side effects
- Familiarise with key facts and figures for drug and alcohol misuse in the UK
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of company best practice in regards to drug and alcohol abuse
- Know how to provide support to individuals suffering from drug and alcohol abuse, with knowledge of how to stage an intervention
- Be able to recognise the signs of drug and alcohol abuse in individuals
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this Course for?
This course is for anyone looking to deepen their understanding of drug and alcohol misuse and gain the practical skills and knowledge to support those who abuse substances. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
|Drug and Alcohol Awareness- CPD Approved Video Training|
|Drug and Alcohol Awareness- CPD Approved Video Training||01:20:00|
|Module 1: Statistics and Signs of Misuse|
|Module 2: Illegal Drugs Part 1|
|Module 3: Illegal Drugs Part 2|
|Module 4: Alcohol Misuse|
|Module 5: Company Best Practice Part 1|
|Module 6: Company Best Practice Part 2|
|Module 7: Company Best Practice Part 3|
|Module 8: Drug Treatment Services and Further Support|