Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2
Learn everything you need to know about food hygiene and safety measures in the UK.
This Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the legal responsibilities and best practices, with an introduction to food storage, food preparation, hazard control and personal hygiene.
In the course, you will learn about correct food temperatures, pest control procedures, contamination, disinfecting and many other vital steps in ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for all.
If you are aspiring towards a career in this field then this Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 is the right course for you.
Enrol today and become a skilled professional in the catering industry.
Highlights of the Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2:
- Learn About UK/EU Food Handling Compliance Standards
- Gain A Solid Understanding Of Food Hygiene & Safety Best Practices
- Learn The Correct Temperatures Required For Food Handling & Storage
- Understand The Steps Of Haccp And The Different Types Of Food Hazards
- Increase Awareness Of The Legislation Surrounding Food Handling
- Improve Your Proficiency In Workplace Cleaning And Disinfecting
- Broaden Your Knowledge Of Common Food Pests And Control Measures
- Develop High Standards Of Personal Hygiene In The Workplace
- Learn About Food Safety Legislation
- Learn About Microbiological Hazards
- Learn About Physical, Chemical, And Allergenic Hazards
- Learn About Food Storage, Handling & Preparation
- Learn About Personal Hygiene
- Learn About Food Premises Design And Cleaning Schedules
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Who is this Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 for?
This Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then this Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 is for you.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety is ideal for those who work in catering, the restaurant business, hospitality, tourism or leisure industries. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of food hygiene and safety practices and can be taken as a refresher or foundation training course.
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
The Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
By completing this Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2 Course, you will gain a high level of food hygiene and safety awareness, enabling you to deliver a quality standard of professionalism and compliance in the workplace.
Studying this Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2 would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including:
- Head Chef (average annual salary of £24,503 in the UK)
- Kitchen Manager (average annual salary of £26,422 in the UK)
- Catering Manager (average annual salary of £26,210 to £35,000 in the UK)
- Food & Beverage Assistant (average annual salary of £16,965 in the UK)
- Food Safety Officer (average annual salary of £28,261 to £61,425 in the UK)
- Food hygiene Inspector (average annual salary of £25,000 to £45,000 in the UK)
|Food Safety Legislation|
|Module 1: Food Safety Legislation||01:24:00|
|Module 2: Microbiological Hazards||02:15:00|
|Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards|
|Module 3: Physical, Chemical, and Allergenic Hazards||01:00:00|
|Module 4: Food Storage||01:21:00|
|Module 5: Food Preparation||00:57:00|
|Module 6: Personal Hygiene||01:00:00|
|Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules|
|Module 7: Food Premises Design and Cleaning Schedules||02:00:00|
|Module 8: Further Information||00:18:00|
|Reopening and Adapting Your Food Business During COVID-19|
|Module 9: Reopening and Adapting Your Food Business During COVID-19||00:16:00|
|Mock Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Food Hygiene and Safety Course Level 2||00:20:00|