Mental Health Awareness Certificate
Most of us take decision-making for granted, by those who lack mental capacity due to illness or impairment need proper care and support when it comes to their best interests. If you’re currently working in the mental health care sector and want to learn more about MCA & DOLS, then this course is for you.
This course will explore the Mental Health Awareness Certificate in detail, covering key principles and legal responsibilities of service providers. You’ll learn how to assess mental capacity in individuals and broaden your understanding of the role of the court of protection in regards to the Mental Health Awareness Certificate.
Furthermore, you’ll familiarise yourself with the process of decision making for the benefit of service users, and the implications involved for both service user and provider. This course can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis, and there are no specific learning requirements to enrol.
Protect the rights of those who lack mental capacity and become competent health care professional, by studying this course today.
- Understand the key principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- Learn the proper definition of the deprivation of liberty safeguards (DOLS)
- Know how to assess mental capacity in individuals as a healthcare professional
- Learn how to support someone lacking capacity and protect their best interests
- Broaden your knowledge of the role of the Court of Protection and court-appointed deputies
- Gain an excellent understanding of the application and authorisation of DOLS
- Understand the implications of DOLS for both the service user and service provider
- Deepen your understanding of the supporting framework for mental health care provision
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Text lessons
- Online study materials
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you can choose to make your achievement by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
This Mental Health Awareness Certificate course applies to the following:
- Anyone who works in the mental health care sector
- Personal carers and those who work in care homes or hospitals
- Aspiring healthcare professionals who want to develop their knowledge & skills
|Mental Health Awareness Certificate|
|Module 1: Introduction to Mental Health||00:17:00|
|Module 2: Childhood And Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders||00:24:00|
|Module 3: Stress and Anxiety Disorders||00:32:00|
|Module 4: Schizophrenia||00:25:00|
|Module 5: Personality Disorders||00:40:00|
|Module 6: Mood Disorders||00:18:00|
|Module 7: Eating and Sleeping Disorders||00:43:00|
|Module 8: Self-Harm and Suicide||00:17:00|
|Module 9: Medication and Therapy in the Treatment of Mental Illness||00:30:00|
|Module 10: Social Attitudes To Mental Illness||00:11:00|
|Module 11: Mental Health Legislation and Services||00:26:00|
|Module 12: Mental Health In The Workplace||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Mental Health Awareness Certificate||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Mental Health Awareness Certificate||00:20:00|