TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF)
The Teaching Assistant – TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) Recognised Qualification is best suited to individuals wondering how to become a certified Teaching Assistant (TA) / Classroom Assistant.
Whether you are interested in supporting teaching staff as a qualified teaching assistant, or working with children in a school, this teaching assistant training course is the perfect way to kickstart a successful career in the education sector.
The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF) course is accredited by TQUK, the fastest growing Awarding Organisation across the UK. TQUK is an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised.
The need for a teaching assistant is quite real. Rising student enrolment means an increased demand for teachers and teaching assistants. Teaching assistants are responsible for supporting teachers in preschool and school settings, with duties ranging from class preparation and communicating, to managing behaviour and overseeing a child’s personal and social development.
The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (RQF) course aims to help you learn the roles and responsibilities of a teaching assistant and provide an opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge required to perform this role effectively and efficiently in a self-directed approach.
The duties and functions of a teaching assistant depend on what level you are teaching at, and differ from school to school. Generally, teaching assistants support children with their learning activities in the classroom. They work closely with teachers and are often considered as the backbone of school support.
If you’re interested in exploring the working conditions and personal skills you need to tackle this role, this course is perfect for you.
Benefits you will gain:
- Step-by-step guideline.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer support.
- Unit 1–Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Unit 2–Schools as Organisations
- Unit 3–Understand Children and Young Person Development
- Unit 4–Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 5–Support Assessment for Learning
- Unit 6–Support Learning Activities
- Unit 7–Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 8–Promote Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Unit 9–Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Unit 10–Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Unit 11–Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- TQUK Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership
- TQUK Level 6 Diploma in Business Management (RQF)
- Level 6 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Level 6 Diploma in Strategic HR Management
- Level 6 Diploma in Marketing Management
Total Qualification Time
This is an estimate of the total length of time it is expected that a learner will typically take to achieve and demonstrate the level of attainment necessary for the award of the qualification i.e. to achieve all learning outcomes.
Total Qualification Time is comprised of GLH and an estimate of the number of hours a learner is likely to spend in preparation, study or any other learning including assessment, which takes place as directed by, but not under the supervision of a lecturer, supervisor or tutor. The credit value, where given, for a qualification is determined by TQT, as one credit corresponds to 10 hours of learning.
Total Qualification time is 390 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
These hours are made up of all real time contact time, guidance or supervision of a learner by a lecturer, supervisor, tutor, trainer or other appropriate provider of education or training.
Total Guided Learning Hours for this qualification: 194.
Who is this course for?
This TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF) Course is accessible for anyone wishing to become a Teaching Assistant and has a keen interest in the subject, also an intention to progress a career in the education sector.
- Job seekers
- Aspiring teaching assistants
No placement, voluntary work or previous qualification is required for enrolment.
- You will need sufficient numeracy and literacy skills
- You should have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
- You should have the ability to send and receive emails and attachments from your tutor
- You should have primary PC skills to navigate our Support Portal well
- You should be thoroughly dedicated to your studies
- It is best advised that students are aged 16 and over
Generally, teaching assistants need to be aged 18 or over; therefore, you must be over 16 to enrol onto the course.
This TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF) comes with 12 months of support.
The estimated amount of time required to complete the TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF) Course is 194 hours.
Besides, it depends on how much time you can devote to your studies and how well you understand the learning concepts in the course material. More importantly, we allow you enough time to complete your assignments/question papers to ensure that satisfactory outcomes are met.
On average, you can complete this course within ten months. An additional certification fee will apply upon completion of your qualification.
Method of Assessment:
Assessment is an integral part of learning to determine whether the objectives of education are being met or not. Through the course by TQUK, you will be assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your personal assigned tutor.
All assignments are set by TQUK. Upon verification of the exercises and assignments, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement by TQUK, as evidence that your written work has satisfied all of the learning outcomes and assessment standards for the course.
All assignments should be submitted via the online portal.
Please note: You are required to pay an additional fee of £590 for the assessment and formal certification at the time of submitting the assignments.
Working as a teaching assistant can serve as an exceptional stepping stone towards becoming a teacher. The role provides you with a practical and useful insight into the role of a teacher, without the responsibility of being one.
Nowadays, teaching assistants are employed in:
- primary schools
- secondary schools
- special schools
- colleges and sixth forms
- independent schools
- childcare centre
|Getting Started – TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF)||00:00:00|
|Application Form – TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF)||00:00:00|
|Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria|
|Units of Assessment – TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF)||1 week, 1 day|
|Submit Your Assignments|
|Submit Your Assignments – TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Teaching Assistant (RQF)||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.