Asbestos is a powerful and harmful material, that when exposed to in high amounts, can lead to serious illness or even death. The Asbestos Awareness new course is designed to provide duty holders and those who work in areas in which there is a risk of exposure to asbestos, with the practical skills and knowledge to ensure a safe working environment for all.
In this comprehensive training course, you’ll learn about the types and dangers of asbestos, the risks of asbestos exposure, and how to recognise asbestos-containing materials. It offers step-by-step training and case studies to provide learners with real-world knowledge, equipping them with the skills to become a qualified asbestos surveyor.
Highlights of the Asbestos Awareness new :
- Learn about the different types of asbestos and the dangers of their exposure
- Know how to work in compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Learn about the main risks of working with asbestos and asbestos-related illnesses
- Be able to recognise asbestos containing materials in the workplace
- Understand how to assess whether a workplace is safe to operate in, in regard to asbestos exposure
- Ensure the safety of your team by implementing an effective safety management system
- Keep exposure to asbestos in the workplace below a dangerous level
- Accurately record any findings of asbestos to ensure a safe working environment for all
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why Study This Course
This training course is ideal for anyone who works in a working environment in which they are at risk of exposure to asbestos, such as construction workers and landlords. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
On successful completion, learners will have the practical knowledge and understanding to assess the risk of asbestos exposure in the workplace and maintain a safe working environment in which asbestos is handled in compliance with UK legislation. You will gain the skills required to work in the following fields:
- Project Manager
- Construction Site Supervisor
- Asbestos Surveyor
|Module 1: Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure|
|Module 2: Different Types of Asbestos|
|Module 3: Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos|
|Module 4: An Outline of Asbestos Legislation|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
for any questions
Set your own speed
Enjoy first 7 days free
Start for free