This course also provides instructor-led guidance on COSHH hazard symbols, their meanings and approved labelling. By the end of the course, you will have up-to-date knowledge on the health risks of exposure to hazardous chemicals and will be able to work confidently and comptently in compliance with the (COSHH) regulations 2002.
Highlights of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) :
- Identify the different types of hazards and exposure in the workplace
- Work in compliance with COSHH regulations and assess COSHH risks
- Understand how to carry out a COSHH risk assessment to evaluate the safety of a workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of the classifications of hazardous substances
- Follow compliance and emergency procedures correctly in the case of an emergency
- Work competently and professionally to ensure a safe working environment for all
- Familiarise with COSHH hazard symbols and their meanings
- Learn about the procedures for COSHH emergency planning in accordance with HSE regulations
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why Study This Course
This course is ideal for professionals who handle chemicals and hazardous substances in the workplace. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
On successful completion, you will have the fundamental skills and knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance when handling hazardous substances in the workplace, with the practical skills to fast track your career in the following professions:
- Laboratory Technician
- Construction Worker
- Dental Assistant
|Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)|
|Module 1: Introducing COSHH|
|Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)||01:00:00|
|Module 2: Different Types of Hazard|
|Module 3: Different Types of Exposure|
|Module 4: Regulations and Approved Labelling|
|Module 5: Assessing COSHH Risks|
|Module 6: The Risk Assessment in Practice|
|Module 7: Exposure Control|
|Module 8: Staying in Control|
|Module 9: Training and Emergency Planning|
|Module 10: Course Summary|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money