The Duty of Care course is designed to provide healthcare and social care workers with an understanding of their professional and legal responsibilities in the workplace. It focuses on both duty of care to service users and other workers. You will also learn about the consequences of breaching Duty of Care.
Duty of care is the responsibility to ensure the protection of the health, safety and privacy of service users and workers. This course will provide you with the necessary skills to create a duty of care policy for your workplace and ensure that your are following code of conduct and best practice at all times. It covers complaints management, duty of care standards and other key areas.
Highlights of the Duty of Care :
- Deepen your understanding of the definition of duty of care in the health and social care sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities of care providers
- Learn about the consequences of breaching Duty of Care
- Know how to handle comments and complaints with professionalism
- Understand the duty of care that care providers have to other workers
- Gain the practical skills and knowledge to implement a duty of care policy in the workplace
- Broaden your knowledge of the benefits of duty of care for both employees and service users
- Meet the legal requirements to ensure duty of care standards are maintained in the professional environment
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why Study This Course
This course is ideal for those who work in the healthcare and social care sector who wish to deepen their understanding of duty of care responsibilities and requirements. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive an accredited certificate of achievement as proof of your new skills, which will fast track your career in the following professions:
- Healthcare Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Support Worker
- Mental Health Social Worker
|Duty of Care|
|Module 01: The Course Structure|
|Care of Duty||00:50:00|
|Module 02: The Implications of Duty of Care|
|Module 03: How Duty of Care Affects Your Work|
|Module 04: Duty of Care Dilemmas|
|Module 05: Resolving Dilemmas: Support and Advice|
|Module 06: How to Respond to Complaints|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money