The Data Protection Act 1998 requires all professionals who work in the service sector to understand their legal obligations when it comes to the handling, storing and recording of service user information. The Handling Information in a Care Setting course covers essential legislation and care sector guidelines for care workers, taking you through fundamental best practice procedures that every care provider should follow.
You will also learn how to report your concerns regarding the sharing, recording and storing of private information, and will gain an in-depth understanding of the agreed ways of working within a care setting. This course is ideal for those who are new to the care sector and wish to develop their knowledge of the codes of practice for protecting user information.
Highlights of the Handling Information in a Care Setting :
- Understand the legislation surrounding the secure handling of private information in a care setting
- Be familiar with the regulations for sharing, storing and recording service user information
- Know how to report your concerns regarding the recording, sharing or storing of information of service users
- Learn the fundamental principles of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Understand the agreed ways of working and sector guidelines for working in a care setting
- Know how to take action if a service user discloses personal information regarding abuse
- Ensure you are correctly following the code of practice on confidential information
- Understand the legal requirements of staff and employers in regards to the handling personal information
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why Study This Course
This course is ideal for professionals who work in the care sector who wish to gain a deeper understanding of best practice and legislation regarding the handling of service user information. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
On successful completion, you will have excellent knowledge of policy regarding the sharing, storing and recording of service user information in a care setting, and will be equipped with the essential skills to fast track your career in the following professions:
- Care Assistant
- Care Coordinator
- Support Worker
- Rehabilitation Worker
|Information Handling in a Care Setting|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money