The Level 2 Food Safety – Retail course is designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of the legal obligations when working with food under EU and UK laws. It is ideal for those who are new to the food retail sector who wish to gain the skills and practical knowledge to ensure a high standard of professionalism in the workplace.
This comprehensive training course provides training in all areas of food safety and hygiene, including personal hygiene, food contamination prevention, food hazard control and food-related illnesses. It covers best practice for preparing, cooking, serving and selling food, ideal for back of house employees and those who handle low-risk or wrapped foods.
Highlights of the Level 2 Food Safety – Retail :
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of the Food Safety Act 1990 and other key legislation
- Maintain an excellent level of personal hygiene in the workplace at all times
- Identify the main hazards and risks in food safety retail and know how to effectively control them
- Understand how bacteria spreads and the main types of bacteria found in food
- Learn about food poisoning and the health implications of food contamination
- Comply with best practice for preparing and serving food in a retail environment
- Understand the causes of food poisoning and other food-related illnesses
- Fast track your career with an accredited certificate in Level 1 Food Safety
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why Study This Course
This course is ideal for those who are looking to kickstart a career in the food retail sector and wish to learn the fundamental skills and knowledge to ensure best practice procedures are followed, in compliance with the Food Safety Act 1990. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive a recognised certificate of achievement as proof of your new skills, which will help you to kickstart a career in the following professions:
- Food Retail Assistant
- Kitchen Porter
- Cafe Assistant
|Level 2 Food Safety - Retail|
|Module 1: Food Safety Legislation|
|Level 2 Food Safety – Retail||01:00:00|
|Module 2: Hazards from Delivery to Service|
|Module 3: Risk Control|
|Module 4: Pests, Premises and People|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money