Person-centred care is an essential part of any health care or social care professional’s role. It focuses on the needs of the individual to provide personalised care, treatment and support to service users. In the Person-Centred Care course, you will explore the regulatory framework for providing personalised care, familiarising with the fundamental principles of the Care Act 2014.
Through case studies and practical exercises, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the different ways to provide personalised care and will be taken through the care-planning process in detail, taking a look at some examples. You will also learn about the risks of providing person-centred care and will gain valuable customer service and communication skills required for every professional care setting.
Highlights of the Person-Centred Care :
- Learn the definition of person-centred care and person-centred values
- Demonstrate an understanding of the benefits of person-centred care for service users
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework surrounding person-centred care
- Have an awareness of the fundamental principles of the Care Act 2014
- Know how the person-centred care planning process works and understand the steps to effective person-centred care
- Understand why risk-taking is a part of the person-centred care approach
- Gain a practical insight into how to implement person-centred care through case studies and practical exercises
- Fast track your career by developing your communication and customer service skills
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an accredited certificate of achievement as proof of your new skills. Related professions in this field include:
- Healthcare Assistants
- Support Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Occupational Therapist
|Module 01: Course Overview|
|Module 02: Definitions and Values|
|Module 03: Care Plans and Consent|
|Module 04: Daily Reports|
|Module 05: Example Care Plans|
|Module 06: Case Study|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money