Venepuncture is a procedure that is performed by nursing and medical staff in a wide variety of clinical areas as a clinical and diagnostic aid in patient management. This course is designed for health care professionals who would like to learn the skill of venipuncture.
The Phlebotomist training course aims to provide a comprehensive review of the venipuncture procedure, including equipment and supplies, safety and infection control, and specimen handling and processing. You will learn about anatomy and physiology of the veins and the techniques required for safe and effective venipuncture for the process of blood sampling. The course will develop your all the necessary skills to perform basic and advanced venipuncture safely, while minimizing the risk of pre-analytical errors.
Highlights of the Phlebotomist Training Course:
- Gain the knowledge, skill and guideline to work as a healthcare technician specialising in phlebotomy.
- Grasp the primary job responsibilities for a certified phlebotomist and get a firm understanding of Venepuncture techniques.
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of Medical Terminology that involves drawing blood and preparing it for lab testing.
- Learn to use blood collection equipment and perform hand hygiene.
- Discover infection control and safety standards of working as a phlebotomist and how to prevent hematomas and nerve damage.
- Learn about modern diagnostic methods and the latest lab technology.
- Grasp more about precautions required to take for patients with special needs and appropriate ways to communicate with patients.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Phlebotomist Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|Module 1: Venepuncture: A Method of Phlebotomy||00:10:00|
|Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Before Venepuncture||00:20:00|
|Module 4: During Venepuncture||00:15:00|
|Module 5: After Venepuncture||00:15:00|
|Module 6: Venepuncture for Blood Donation||00:20:00|
|Module 7: Glossary||00:20:00|
|Module 8: Appendix||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Phlebotomist Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Phlebotomist Training||00:20:00|