Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA)
Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) is considered as the “gold standard” for handling disruptive behaviour which is done through a system of rewards and consequences. In this Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) course, you will learn how ABA can teach skills and help people with autism to learn expected behaviours as well as control their challenging impulses.
Discover the main strategies that are used in ABA, and how to replace inappropriate behaviour with one that is more helpful. You will also understand the goal of an effective ABA program and what it takes to help children become more independent and successful in the short term as well as in the future.
This course is led by a specialist trainer who will train you on how to customise the ABA program according to an individual’s skills, needs, concerns, interests, preferences and family situation and become a qualified and trained Behaviour Analyst.
Highlights of the Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) :
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of ABA, how it changes behaviours in children and adults
- Learn the techniques ABA for understanding changing behaviour in individuals
- Broaden your knowledge of the ABC model, its different components, and how these components interact to influence behaviour
- Understand and apply rules that make the components of the ABC model more effective at changing behaviour
- Analyse the primary techniques and methods used in Applied Behavioural Analysis
- Examine how ABA can be applied to motor skills, communication, cognitive, social and visuospatial skills
- Discover how ABA can be generalised (Theory) and learn the general rules to increase the effectiveness of ABA
- Understand effective measures you can take to deal with challenging behaviour
- Explore how to analyse the behaviour of special needs children
- Discover some of the best interventions can you put in place to manage a child’s behaviour
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Who is This Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) for?
This Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) course is ideal for any parent, school teachers, caregivers, or anyone who would like to know more about children and adults with developmental disorders, learning disabilities. This course is also perfect for therapists who want to confidently apply ABA to increase behaviours that are helpful for people and decrease behaviours that are harmful or affect learning. There are no learning requirements or formal degrees necessary to begin this course, and it can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
The Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Upon successful completion, learners will be equipped with all the essential knowledge and skills to practice ABA to help people with autism and related developmental disorders, along with their attention, focus, memory, academics, and social skills.
|Introduction to ABA|
|Introduction to ABA||00:13:00|
|ABA Component Breakdown|
|ABA Component Breakdown||00:09:00|
|Rules when Applying ABA|
|Rules When Applying ABA||00:10:00|
|Foundation Techniques of ABA|
|Foundation Techniques of ABA||00:14:00|
|ABA for Motor Skills|
|ABA for Motor Skills||00:10:00|
|ABA for Language Skills|
|ABA for Language Skills||00:22:00|
|ABA for Cognitive Skills|
|ABA for Cognitive Skills||00:21:00|
|ABA for Visuospatial Skills|
|ABA for Visuospatial Skills||00:22:00|
|Generalization in ABA Theory|
|Generalization in ABA Theory||00:13:00|