Asbestos is one of the most harmful building materials used within the design and construction industry. As well as those directly involved in the construction of buildings, professionals in related fields such as architects and town planners must also have an awareness of the risks of asbestos exposure and the safety regulations in place to control them.
This course covers essential asbestos training, with a particular focus on architecture and design. It explores Asbestos Regulations 2012 and HSE law, as well as the different types of asbestos, their properties and characteristics. You will also learn how to conduct an asbestos risk assessment and what the legal responsibilities of architects and designers are.
Highlights of the :
- Learn about the different types of asbestos and the risks of exposure to each one
- Ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and HSE law
- Know how to conduct an asbestos risk assessment and report any incidents regarding asbestos exposure
- Understand the dangers, properties, levels and characteristics of asbestos
- Gain the skills to take appropriate and swift action in the case of asbestos exposure
- Be able to detect whether a building has asbestos and understand the procedures for removing asbestos from a building
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements of architects and designers
- Become a smarter, more competent professional, with a recognised qualification
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this Asbestos Awareness – Video Training for?
This practical training course is ideal for those who work in the design or construction industry, with a particular focus on asbestos awareness training for architects and designers. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Urban Designer
- Building Surveyor
- Town Planner
|Asbestos Awareness - Video Training|
|Asbestos Awareness – Video Training||01:15:00|
|Module 1: Properties and Risks of Asbestos Exposure|
|Module 2: Different Types of Asbestos|
|Module 3: Avoiding the Risks from Asbestos|
|Module 4: An Outline of Asbestos Legislation|
|Module 5: Content for Architects and Designers|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money