The ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting will enrich learners’ understanding of the contribution of accounting in different organisations, business taxation, and how to manage and control financial departments.
Accounting and finance play vital roles in organising and analysing business plans and strategies, to keep accounts of businesses or organisations. With a diversity of career opportunities, accounting is a very promising career in the world of finance.
If you are determined to build your career and expand your knowledge of accounting, then you are in the right place. The Level 5 Diploma in Accounting provides foundation training for learners to take their first steps towards a career in accounting. The optional units of this course focus on particular specialisms connected to the current responsibilities of accountants, and provide necessary support in further career development.
Note: Learners will not get any additional study materials with the concerned units. However, all necessary forms and guidance will be provided to the learners for assignment submission.
The fee of the Exam is excluded from the subscription, so you have to buy the exam for this course.
- Acquire practical and technological knowledge in accounting, to progress to further levels of studies or kickstart a career.
- Gain insight into the nature of the industry and the scope of study.
- Develop the logical and functional skills to solve complicated accounting problems.
- Be able to conduct research in the field of accounting and finance.
Guided Learning Hours:
Guided Learning Hours are those on which immediate guidance is given by the lecturer, supervisor, tutor, trainer or other contributors of training or education.
Total Qualification Time:
Total Qualification Time provides learners with a guidance of the amount of time a learner should spend on completing different activities or demonstrating achievement of the learning outcomes that are mainly tutor-directed. Activities that are directed by the tutors may include, preparations for classes and assignments, independent research, E-learning, background reading, working in teams, drafting coursework or assignments etc. The credit value is also determined by TQT, where one credit earned by a learner will stand for 10 hours of both learning time and total qualifications.
The Total Qualification Time is 600 Hours.
The Total Credit Value is 60.
Who is this course for?
- Those who are keen to enhance their knowledge, skills and credibility in accounting.
- Those who want to advance to the next level of career or training.
Method of Assessment:
The ATHE centres are encouraged to use a variety of assessment instruments which will give learners the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge and understanding, and apply the obtained knowledge in a given situation. Essay writing should be avoided since different types of assessments will be available; these are as follows:
- Research activities that will lead to a collection of a report.
- Academic articles or papers for the purpose of publishing.
- Anthology of a case study.
- Critical investigations and valuations of policies, procedures and systems of a selected organisation.
- Completing a set project for an employer.
- Producing a portfolio of evidence relevant to a particular unit.
- The learner must be aged 18 or above.
- ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting
- Qualifications in other subjects that are relevant to this course like the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management.
- Other international qualifications that hold the same value as this course.
- Must have an appropriate standard of Mathematics to meet the learning outcomes.
- Mature learners are encouraged to present relevant work experience with levels of responsibility, participation and achievement.
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent qualification is required for those whom English is not their first language.
After completing the ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting, there will be opportunities for further studies and career development. Those who completed Level 5 may enrol to the Level 6 Diploma in Accounting, other diplomas of a relevant level ,or Bachelor’s degree. The suitable career paths to pursue after completion are:
- Management Accountant
- Economic Analyst
- Investment Administrator
- Finance Manager
- Corporate Tax Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Revenue Accounting Manager
- Technical Accounting Manager
|Unit 1: Financial Reporting|
|LO1 Be able to prepare financial statements for sole traders and partnerships||00:00:00|
|LO2 Be able to prepare company financial statements||00:00:00|
|LO3 Be able to interpret financial statements and make justified recommendations||00:00:00|
|Suggested resources- Unit 1 Financial Reporting||00:00:00|
|Assignment- Unit 1 – Financial Reporting||00:00:00|
|Unit 2: Financial Management|
|LO1 Be able to apply investment appraisal methods||00:00:00|
|LO2 Be able to advise on managing financial risks||00:00:00|
|LO3 Understand the management of long-term finance||00:00:00|
|Suggested Resources_ Unit 2 Financial Management||00:00:00|
|Assignment – Unit 2 Financial Management||00:00:00|
|Submit your assignment - ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting|
|Submit your assignment – ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting||00:00:00|
|Resubmit Your Assignments|
|Resubmit Your Assignments – ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Accounting||00:00:00|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money