Autism Awareness- CPD Approved Video Course
Autism spectrum disorder is a lifelong disability that affects social, emotional and learning development. There are many different types of autism on the spectrum that vary greatly in terms of characteristics. In this Autism Awareness- CPD Approved Video Course , we explore the main causes and types of autism, their diagnosis, symptoms and treatment. You will also learn about how autism is screened and diagnosed.
This comprehensive course is ideal for those who work with pupils with special needs or work in the social care sector and want to deepen their knowledge of autism. It explores how to provide quality support to individuals with autism, as well as how to detect signs of autism in children and adults. You will also learn how autism affects communication and development, and the everyday challenges od dealing with autism.
Highlights of the Autism Awareness- CPD Approved Video Course :
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of what autism is, including its causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
- Learn about the different types of autism and deepen your knowledge of the autistic spectrum
- Understand the screening and diagnosis process of autism spectrum disorder
- Be able to identify the signs of autism in both children and adults
- Know how to provide quality support to individuals and pupils with autism
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how autism affects communication and development
- Familiarise with some typical patterns of behaviour of people with autism
- Recognise the different ways that autism can impact learning and social awareness
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this Course for?
This course is a must for anyone looking to deepen their understanding of autism spectrum disorder and how to support the learning and development of people with autism. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Autism Support Worker
- Autism Therapist
|Autism Awareness- CPD Approved Video Course|
|Autism Awareness- CPD Approved Video Course||00:30:00|
|Module 1: Definitions, Context & Background|
|Module 2: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder|
|Module 3: Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder|
|Module 4: Testing and Support|