Whether you are navigating toward a future career as a SEN (Special Education Needs) teacher, you want to understand all aspects of autism, its treatments, and services that are available to ensure that you are getting the most appropriate ones for a child’s needs, or you want to help people who need special support with their learning, taking this Autism Course course will be perfect for you.
In this online autism awareness course, you are going to learn about autism, and why it is considered as a complex and challenging condition and how different individuals and families experience it. You will also discover different autism spectrums, including a wide varying perspective on autism and how autism can have a profound effect on individuals and their families.
This course is led by a professional instructor, who will explain a detailed overview of screening and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders and raising awareness to increase the chances of early diagnosis and support.
Highlights of The Autism Course:
- Gain a better understanding of autism to improve every part of an individual’s life
- Recognise the symptoms of autism and establish links with communication between yourself and someone with autism
- Address the autism spectrum to work with children and young people who need extra support
- Understand different types of autism to develop and adapt conventional teaching methods
- Identify individual needs and discover the key to creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment SEN pupils
- Gain insights into autistic strengths along with special skills and outstanding talents
- Recognise diagnostic criteria and broad principles of diagnostic assessment
- Learn the best approaches to improve social functioning, learning, and quality of life for children and adults with autism
- Explore autism treatments that are highly focused on children and adults
- Understand the behaviour of a person with autism and learn to handle challenging conducts
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
Who is This Autism Course Course for?
This Autism Course Course is ideal for healthcare professionals, teachers, educators, and parents willing to become familiar with Autism and spot the signs and symptoms of the autism spectrum so that they can help someone living with autism to live a richer life. There are no learning requirements or formal degrees in hacking necessary to begin this course, and it can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognized professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Upon successful completion, learners will gain a rich knowledge of autism and be able to help children and adults cope with this developmental disorder and achieve as much in life as possible. The learners will receive a verifiable certificate of completion which will help them with job advancement and pursue a career working with individuals with ASD as:
- Special Education Teachers
- Applied Behaviour Analysts
- Occupational Therapists
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialists
- Social Workers
|Introduction to Developmental Disorders|
|Developmental disorder and Autism||00:14:00|
|Aspergers and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder||00:11:00|
|Introduction to Visual Aids|
|Introduction to Visual Aids||00:06:00|
|Effectiveness and Types of Visual Aids||00:04:00|
|Introduction to Visual Aids 2 (Social Stories)|
|Introduction to Visual Aids 2 – Social Stories||00:14:00|
|Functional Life Skills Training - Self-feeding|
|Functional Life Skills Training 1 – Self Feeding||00:14:00|
|Functional Life Skills Training - Toilet Training|
|Functional Life Skills Training 2 – Toilet Training||00:10:00|