Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP)
A traumatic event not only affects the life of individuals but also the lives of those who are close to them. The Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) course will introduce you to the professional tools and strategies to treat survivors of trauma within a family context. You will understand the importance of developing the connection and improving the quality of stability between the children and their family members to overcome traumatic events.
Learn how the family has the capacity to serve as a source of protection regarding a family member’s ability to recover from trauma and identify family level needs and strengths to support positive outcomes. You will also explore what trauma symptoms look like, how to address and treat the underlying cause of the trauma and how they may be triggered.
This course is led by a professional instructor, who will take you through step-by-step, cutting edge approaches of addressing and resolving traumatic stress, as well as minimising any chance of re-traumatisation during service provision.
Highlights of The Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP):
- Gain higher ability to create safety and stability within families
- Discover how to evaluate and execute treatment that conquers the impact of Traumagenesis in families
- Understand dysfunction and traumatic family patterns, including how trauma affects family relationships
- Explore how trauma from a family perspective is connected to Traumagenesis than to specific events
- Learn and confidently apply the concept of sympathetic system dominance to identify trauma reactions and mitigations
- Gain sufficient knowledge about the elements that are tied to aversive or unpleasant childhood experiences
- Understand the process of how trauma is formed and sustained in families for a long time
- Acknowledge the common environmental activators for trauma reactive adaptations
- Learn the crucial stages of safety building for family-based trauma treatment
- Acquire a solid understanding of the International Association of Trauma Professionals trauma treatment structure
- Gain an exploration of the primary models of family-based treatment for trauma
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Text/Video lessons
- Online study materials
Who is This Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) for?
This Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) course is best suited to child protective services workers, social workers, mental health workers, probation workers, caregivers, parents or foster parents, teachers interested in learning how to effectively support and encourage families to help children recover from trauma. There are no prior learning requirements or formal degrees necessary to begin this course, and it can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
The Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP) is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Upon successful completion, learners will be equipped with professional working knowledge to help children and their families who have experienced severe stressors and traumas.
|Certified Family Trauma Professional (CFTP)|
|Module 1. Introduction to Certified Family Trauma Professional (CTFP) Training||01:02:00|
|Module 2 – Range of Tolerance and Behavior||00:48:00|
|Module 3 – Threat/Stress Response System||01:57:00|
|Module 4 – Applying||00:46:00|
|Module 5 – Responsibilities of the Provider||00:47:00|
|Module 6 – Body Based Trauma & Regulation||01:23:00|
|Module 7 – Relationships and Empowerment & Resilience Treatment Structure||01:36:00|
|Module 8 – Assessing Family Trauma and Ethics in Family Trauma Therapy||01:47:00|
|Module 9 – Preparing for Skill Building||00:42:00|
|Module 10 – Clinical Example: Capacity Building||01:24:00|
|CYW ACE-Q CHILD||00:05:00|
|CYW ACE-Q TEEN||00:05:00|
|CYW ACE-Q TEEN SR||00:05:00|
|CFTP handout part 1||01:27:00|
|CFTP handout part 2||00:11:00|
|Order Your Certificate||00:00:00|