Are you a medical student or aspiring Registered Nurse? In the Control and Administration of Medicines Online Training Course course, you will learn about the standards and legislation surrounding the safe handling of medicines, as well as deepen your understanding of the classifications of medicine.
This online training course will teach you best practices for prescribing, checking, obtaining and dispensing medicines, ideal for anyone looking to start a medical career. You will also learn the routes through which medicine is administered and explore topics such as contraindications and record-keeping
Please note that this training course does not entitle you to practice as a professional in this specific field. Additional training and certification will be required to fully qualify to work in the medical sector.
Key Topics to be Covered
- Safe medicine handling procedures
- Best practices for prescribing, checking, obtaining & dispensing medicines
- Disclosure and patient confidentiality
- An overview of medicine classifications
- National standards, legislation and guidance
- Understand the procedures for handling medication safely
- Learn the principles and importance of patient confidentiality
- Know the routes by which medicine can be administered
- Understand the legislation and guidance regarding the safe handling of medicines
- Be able to comply with record keeping requirements
- Know the effects that can occur as a result of an adverse reaction
- Be fully familiar with the different classifications of medicine
Your Path to Success
On successful completion of this course, learners will have excellent knowledge of the best practices involved in medication management and administration.
Skills You Will Gain
- Record keeping
- Risk management
- Attention to detail
Is This Course Right for You?
This course is ideal for medical students and anyone interested in establishing a career in the health care sector. It is ideal for those who are new to this industry and wish to learn key best practices.
Once you have completed the learning modules in the course, your abilities will be assessed through an automated online multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive your results immediately.
|Module 01: Medicine Management Fundamentals|
|Medicine Management Fundamentals||00:37:00|
|Module 02: Importance of Medicine Management|
|Importance of Medicine Management||00:25:00|
|Module 03: Prescribing Medication Effectively|
|Prescribing Medication Effectively||00:27:00|
|Module 04: Common Problems – Pharmacological Management|
|Common Problems – Pharmacological Management||01:05:00|
|Module 05: Common Medicines to Use|
|Common Medicines to Use||00:18:00|
|Module 06: Palliative Care|
|Module 07: The Four Principles of Medicine Optimisation|
|The Four Principles of Medicine Optimisation||00:00:00|
|Module 08: Managing Medication in Residential Aged Care Facilities|
|Managing Medication in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs)||00:35:00|
|Module 09: Law and Legislation|
|Law and Legislation||00:25:00|
|Assignment – Control and Administration of Medicines Online Training Course||00:00:00|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money