Domiciliary Care Support Worker
Fast track your career in domiciliary care or build on your skillset to work towards a management role, with this professional training qualification for care staff.
In this course, you will learn essential skills and knowledge to become a competent professional within a domiciliary care setting. It covers the professional responsibilities of the care team, safeguarding best practices and confidentiality guidelines regarding handling service user information.
Through this training, you will also broaden your knowledge of mental health disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, developing the skills to support individuals in everyday activities to enhance their quality of life. If you are looking to launch a career as a domiciliary care assistant or become a manager in this field, then this course is the perfect stepping stone for you.
- Understand your role and professional responsibilities as a domiciliary care worker
- Learn key safeguarding best practices for adults in domiciliary care
- Learn about service user confidentiality and best practices for handling information
- Deepen your knowledge of health and safety, infection prevention and control measures
- Broaden your understanding of mental health disorders and the elderly
- Gain the skills to provide quality support to service users and enhance their quality of life
- Know how to maintain privacy and dignity in a care setting
- Develop essential communication, social care and multitasking skills
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Who is This course for?
This domiciliary care training course is ideal for anyone looking to kickstart a career in this field or develop their skill set for their career progression. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
On successful completion of this course, learners will be equipped with a range of skills required to work proficiently and responsibly within a care environment. They will have a solid understanding of best practices in professional care, which will broaden their career prospects for the following roles:
- Domiciliary Care Assistant
- Domiciliary Care Manager
- Domiciliary Care Coordinator
- Care Support Worker
|Module 01: Introduction to Domiciliary Care|
|Introduction to Domiciliary Care||00:15:00|
|Module 02: Health and Safety for Domiciliary Carers|
|Health and Safety for Domiciliary Carers||00:33:00|
|Module 03: CSTF Infection Prevention and Control|
|CSTF Infection Prevention and Control||00:37:00|
|Module 04: CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support|
|CSTF Resuscitation – Basic Life Support||00:24:00|
|Module 05: Medication Management and Administration|
|Medication Management and Administration||00:18:00|
|Module 06: CSTF Information Governance|
|CSTF Information Governance||00:25:00|
|Module 07: CSTF Conflict Resolution|
|CSTF Conflict Resolution||00:20:00|
|Module 08: Mental Health Care|
|Mental Health Care||00:23:00|
No Reviews found for this course.