Drama Therapy Course
The Drama Therapy Course provides a detailed insight into the role of a drama therapist, teaching learners how to apply theatrical approaches to therapy in a range of clinical settings.
This drama therapy training course includes case studies and practical exercises, taking you through the full drama therapy process. You will learn about the benefits of drama therapy and will be introduced to crucial art and dance therapy techniques used by professional drama therapists.
On successful completion, you will have a clear understanding of how to facilitate personal growth through drama, and an ability to apply creative story making and role theory in a workshop setting.
Highlights of The Drama Therapy Course:
- Learn about role theory, story making and the drama therapy process
- Develop your creative skills and learn to think outside the box when exploring ideas
- Build self-awareness and confidence by addressing social situations through drama
- Familiarise with art and dance movement psychotherapy techniques
- Understand how to facilitate healing in a variety of clinical settings
- Broaden your understanding of the role and responsibilities of a drama therapist
- Know how to incorporate symbols and metaphors into your work
- Get hands-on experience and learn from the experts in just a few hours
- Understand the code of ethics and aesthetical considerations in drama therapy
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Who is This Course for?
This course is an introduction to drama therapy theory, principles and best practice, ideal for aspiring drama therapists and teaching artists, as well as those who work in the industry and wish to update their skills. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which is delivered completely online and can be accessed from any device with a Wi-Fi connection.
Why Study This Course
The Drama Therapy Course is open to all, with no entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
How is The Course Assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you can choose to make your achievement by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
|Drama Therapy Course|
|Module 01: Introduction to Drama Therapy||00:45:00|
|Module 02: Symbolism and Metaphor||00:45:00|
|Module 03: Role Theory & Drama Therapy||01:00:00|
|Module 04: Distancing||00:05:00|
|Module 05: Drama Therapy Process||01:00:00|
|Module 06: Creative Skill Development||00:45:00|
|Module 07: Code of Practice||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam- Drama Therapy Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Drama Therapy Course||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.