Dysphagia is a medical disorder that causes difficulty in swallowing, and often, people are left unable to swallow at all. People with dysphagia struggle to eat food and drink liquids, leading to throat issues such as choking and coughing.
In this Dysphagia Certification Course, you will learn about the impact of dysphagia on a person’s health, as well as its causes, symptoms and treatment. You will learn about the responsibilities and role of healthcare workers when caring for patients with dysphagia, as well as gain the skills required to become a qualified Speech and Language Therapist.
Our expert instructor will guide you through how to assess and manage dysphagia with expertise, taking you through best practices for prescribing medicines and applying a person-centred approach when dealing with dysphagia patients.
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This Dysphagia Awareness doesn’t entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
- Gain a theoretical understanding of dysphagia and its variations
- Understand the causes, symptoms and treatment of dysphagia
- Learn about the swallowing process and the impact of dysphagia on patients’ health
- Know how to assess and manage dysphagia effectively
- Deepen your understanding of the role of healthcare professionals when treating patients with dysphagia
- Learn how to prescribe medicines for patients with dysphagia
- Develop the professional skills to become a Speech & Language Specialist
- Learn how to apply a client-centred approach when treating dysphagia patients
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Who is This course for?
This course is ideal for aspiring speech and language therapists and healthcare professionals who wish to learn more about dysphagia and its treatment. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which is open to both part-time and full-time students.
This Dysphagia Awareness will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Enrol on our course now and get started on the journey of taking your career to the next level.
|Module: 1 – Introduction of Dysphagia||00:31:00|
|Module: 2 – Understanding the Swallowing Reflex||00:30:00|
|Module: 3 – Cause, Signs, and Symptoms||00:38:00|
|Module: 4 – Diagnosis and Treatment||00:23:00|
|Module: 5 – International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative||00:35:00|
|Module: 6 – The importance of good oral health||00:35:00|
|Mock Exam – Dysphagia Awareness||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Dysphagia Awareness||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.