Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Course
Legionella is a potentially life-threatening bacteria, most commonly found in hot and cold water systems. There are certain professions where it is a legal obligation to control and manage the risk of legionella. This course will equip you with the skills, knowledge and practical information to ensure the correct safety measures are in place.
You will learn about the health effects of legionella bacteria, how the bacteria spread and the common symptoms of legionnaires disease. This course also includes practical training on how to test for legionella bacteria and carry out a thorough risk assessment. On successful completion, you will have a solid understanding of the codes of practice for controlling legionella and how to conduct a professional legionella report.
Highlights of Legionnaires & Legionella Awareness Training:
- Understand the definition of legionella & the symptoms and causes of legionnaires disease
- Learn about the legislation and codes of practice surrounding legionella
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to test for legionella and carry out a risk assessment
- Discover how legionella bacteria develops in hot & cold water systems and is contracted through the air
- Understand the legal responsibility of landlords and DEAs to manage the risk of legionella
- Take steps to become a fully certified legionella risk assessor
- Learn a wide range of control measures for managing and preventing the growth of legionella bacteria
- Familiarise with The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and other essential legislation
Legionella Awareness Training Course Design
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Who is This Course for?
This legionella training course is suitable for property professionals such as landlords and property agents. This certification is also beneficial for domestic energy assessors who wish to develop their understanding of Legionella and how legionnaires disease is contracted.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
On successful completion of this course, learners will have the practical skills and knowledge to ensure compliance in their field when managing legionella bacteria. Careers in this field including the following:
- Legionella Risk Assessor
- Domestic Energy Assessor
|Legionella & Legionnaires Awareness|
|What is Legionella||00:10:00|
|Legionella Risk Assessment||00:15:00|
|Controlling The Risks||00:15:00|