Mental Health Awareness – CPD Approved
Did you know that as many as 1 in 4 people in the UK experience a mental health-related illness each year? The most common being anxiety, depression, bipolar and eating disorders. In this Mental Health Awareness – CPD Approved course, you will learn about the different types of mental health disorders, their causes, symptoms and diagnosis. You will also gain the practical skills and knowledge to support those experiencing mental health problems.
This course includes case studies and video material that is designed to provide you with in-depth knowledge of the health implications of poor mental health and the factors that contribute to mental health diseases. You will also deepen your understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health in the UK and how to recognise the signs of mental illness in individuals.
Highlights of the Mental Health Awareness – CPD Approved :
- Learn about the different types of mental health disorders and their causes, symptoms and treatment
- Have an awareness of the facts and figures associated with mental health in the UK
- Understand the health implications of mental illness and how it impacts day-to-day life
- Gain the practical skills to provide support to colleagues and loved ones experiencing mental health issues
- Deepen your understanding of the stigma surrounding mental health and how to raise awareness of this issue
- Familiarise with the care services available to those with mental health issues and how simple lifestyle changes can improve mental wellbeing
- Be able to recognise the signs of mental health disorders in adults
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this Course for?
This course is ideal for those who wish to learn more about mental health support to care for those with mental health issues. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
|Mental Health Awareness - CPD Approved|
|Mental Health Awareness – CPD Approved||00:25:00|
|Module 01: What is mental illness and prevalence rates|
|Module 02: Symptoms of Bi-Polar, depression, psychotic disorders and schizophrenia|
|Module 03: Symptoms of anxiety, personality disorder, selfharming|