Microbiology Technician Course
Delve into the fascinating world of microbiology and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become a certified microbiologist with the Microbiology Technician Course. This course is taught by a specialist in microbiology, who will guide you through the fundamental topics to kick-start your career.
You will start by developing an understanding of the importance of microbiology in health care and the different types and strands of viruses and bacteria. Next, you will explore the role of parasites and fungi and how the immune system works to protect us against diseases. Lastly, you will gain in-depth knowledge of antibiotics and antifungal medicines and how they are used to treat sexually transmitted infections and prevalent viruses.
Microbiology Technician Course: Highlights
- Get a full introduction to microbiology and bacteriology
- Gain an in-depth understanding of common viruses and DNA viruses
- Learn about the different types of parasites & fungi, and how they transmit diseases
- Understand how to immune system works and learn the basics of immunology
- Familiarise with the role and responsibilities of a microbiology technician
- Explore the usage of antibiotics and how they treat diseases caused by bacteria
- Expand your knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) & how they spread
- Fast track your career in microbiology with this intensive online training course
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Microbiology Technician Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|Introduction to Microbiology||00:30:00|
|Positive-Strand RNA Viruses||00:30:00|
|Module 1: Negative-Strand RNA Viruses||00:30:00|
|Module 2: Sexually Transmitted Diseases||00:30:00|
No Reviews found for this course.