Teachers and school staff are often subject to aggressive behaviour that, when not properly managed, can disrupt the classroom learning process and lead to a negative working environment. The Positive Handling in Schools course explores key positive handling strategies that will help to diffuse a challenging situation and correct the behaviour of the pupil or pupils concerned.
You will familiarise with essential legislation regarding positive handling in schools and will be introduced to the SCARF model used by teachers to de-escalate disruptive behaviour.
Our expert instructor will also take you through practical case studies and exercises, helping you to deepen your understanding of the aggression curve and the process, including when is the right time to stage a physical intervention, and how to do so.
Highlights of the Positive Handling in Schools :
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key legislation regarding positive handling in schools
- Understand the government guidelines in place concerning positive handling and physical intervention
- Deepen your knowledge of the aggression curve and familiarise with the Kaplan-Wheeler diagram
- Develop essential communication, management and leadership skills
- Know when an intervention is required and how to use the SCARF model to de-escalate a challenging situation
- Learn when physical restraint is needed and which phase of intervention to apply
- Prove your competency in handling difficult situations with professionalism
- Gain the essential tools to make informed decisions about when to intervene
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Why Study This Course
This course is for those who work in the educational sector and professionals whose role includes working with children and young adults. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which, for ease of access, can be studied on a part-time or full;-time basis.
On successful completion, you will receive a recognised certificate of achievement, which can be used as proof of your skills, knowledge and competency when enforcing positive handling in schools. You will have the practical understanding to fast track your career in one of the following professions:
- Teacher/Teaching Assistant
- Head of School
- Supply Teacher
- Child Care Worker
- Professional Coach/Mentor
|Positive Handling in Schools|
|Positive Handling in Schools||01:40:00|
|Module 1: The Course Structure|
|Module 2: A Serious Business|
|Module 3: The Aggression Curve|
|Module 4: The SCARF Model|
|Module 5: Government Advice and Guidance|
|Module 6: Making decisions: Duty of Care|
|Module 7: The Law|
|Module 8: Physical Intervention and Restraint|
|Module 9: Screening, Searching and Confiscation|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
for any questions
Set your own speed
Enjoy first 7 days free
Start for free