Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3
This comprehensive course is best suited to Teaching Staff, Nursery staff, Childminders, Carers, Playworkers, Sports staff, Police officers, Safeguarding officers including those requiring an absolute and professional training in safeguarding children.
In this course, you will learn how to identify child abuse, bullying and harm, and understand the concepts of child protection. You will also get to know whom to reach when there are a concern and practice of keeping children safe and secure. In addition, identify a range of child protection procedures and develop your knowledge and understanding to solve practical child abuse states.
This course also explains the nature of child protection law and a detailed overview of the Children Act.
Highlights of the Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3:
- Understand what child safeguarding is, and discover clear and valid explications to get up-to-date with the issues surrounding Child Protection
- Have a better understanding of the Children Act 1989 and the Children Act 2004
- The key role you can play in safeguarding children and young people
- Be able to make a positive contribution to the prevention of child abuse, including physical, emotional and sexual
- The principles of working with children and their families
- Get a deeper understanding of Child Protection, including Child Safeguarding Standards and Implementation
- Learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Gain a good comprehension of the Safeguarding structure and guidance
- Be able to reduce the prevalence of neglect, recognise and respond to child abuse
- Know the procedures of recording information related to child abuse
Why Choose this Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 Course:
- This best ever Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised certificate and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Safeguarding Children Level 1, 2 and 3 is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|Safeguarding Level 1|
|Module 1: Introduction||00:15:00|
|Module 2: The Legislative Framework: The Children Act 1989, The Children Act 2004||00:30:00|
|Module 3: Roles and Responsibilities: Part I||01:00:00|
|Module 4: Roles and Responsibilities: Part II||01:00:00|
|Module 5: Local Safeguarding Children Boards: Functions of Safeguarding Boards||00:30:00|
|Module 6: Planning and Safeguarding Structures||00:30:00|
|Module 7: The Impact of Abuse and Neglect||00:30:00|
|Module 8: Principles of Working with Children and their Families||01:00:00|
|Safeguarding Level 2|
|Module 1: Safeguarding Children||00:20:00|
|Module 2: Legal Context||01:00:00|
|Module 3: What is Child Protection||00:30:00|
|Module 4: Vulnerability||00:20:00|
|Module 5: Child Safeguarding Standards and Implementation||00:45:00|
|Module 6: Child Safeguarding Standard 1: Policy||00:15:00|
|Module 7: Child Safeguarding Standard 2: People||00:25:00|
|Module 8: Child Safeguarding Standard 3: Procedures||00:30:00|
|Module 9: Child Safeguarding Standard 4: Accountability||00:15:00|
|Module 10: Understanding Child Protection Issues||00:30:00|
|Module 11: Dealing with a Child Protection Concern||00:20:00|
|Module 12: The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Role||01:00:00|
|Module 13: Referral to the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)||01:00:00|
|Module 14: Safeguarding and Child Protection Good Practice||00:45:00|
|Safeguarding Level 3|
|Module 01: Introduction||00:45:00|
|Module 02: Safeguarding structure and guidance||01:00:00|
|Module 03: Your Responsibilities||00:42:00|
|Module 04: Recognising And Responding To Abuse||01:18:00|
|Module 05: Responses Under The Safeguarding Structure||01:18:00|
|Module 06: Working Together And Sharing Information||00:27:00|
|Module 07: Recording information||00:57:00|
|Mock Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 1 2 and 3||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Safeguarding Children Level 1 2 and 3||00:20:00|