School Nurse Training
Learn how to work with schools and families to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people. This course covers the school nurse’s role in the education system as both a service provider and educator to improve the health of defined social groups and populations. It also explores the foundations of child psychology and development. You will learn how to devise, plan and implement health-promoting strategies and social models in relation to public health practices. Discover top–level teaching methodologies, theoretical foundations of nursing, nursing research and healthcare economics. You will also explore the legal and ethical issues in school health and use evidence–based and reflective practices in leadership, administration and management, critical to school health nurse practitioner.
Highlights of the School Nurse Training course:
- Gain a good comprehension of the skills and qualifications needed to become a certified school nurse.
- Learn about the crucial role school nurses play in the education system as both a service provider and educator.
- Understand how to give immunisations, vaccinations and adequately carry out developmental screening.
- Know how to support children with medical needs or children with mental health issues.
- Develop your knowledge of how to conduct a child health assessment.
- Get equipped with a thorough understanding of health education, including various health-promoting activities, and the role of school nurses in health education.
- Discover a detailed overview of the role of school nurses in rendering first aid.
- Learn how to successfully promote healthy living, including exploring adolescent sexuality and mental health issues.
- Understand how to raise awareness of different health issues, including drug use, school violence, child abuse, and more.
- Become qualified to work closely with schools and families to promote the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The School Nurse Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|Module 1: Introduction to School Nurse||00:05:00|
|Module 2: The School Health Office||00:10:00|
|Module 3: Immunisations, Screenings and Medications||00:15:00|
|Module 4: Student Health Assessments||00:10:00|
|Module 5: Health Education||00:13:00|
|Module 6: Documentation||00:15:00|
|Module 7: Children with Special Needs||00:09:00|
|Module 8: School Laws||00:14:00|
|Module 9: High-Risk Areas in School Nursing Practice||00:07:00|
|Module 10: Autism Spectrum Disorders||00:14:00|
|Module 11: Adolescent Sexuality and Mental Health Issues||00:15:00|
|Module 12: Childhood Obesity||00:15:00|
|Module 13: Drug Use||00:13:00|
|Module 14: School Violence||00:10:00|
|Module 15: Child Abuse||00:20:00|
|Module 16: Cultural Diversity||00:12:00|
|Module 17: Disaster Planning||00:10:00|
|Module 18: Environmental Issues||00:15:00|
|Module 19: Technology and the School Nurse||00:12:00|
|Module 20: Top Ten Timely Troublesome Topics for the School Nurse||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam – School Nurse Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – School Nurse Training||00:20:00|