Slips, trips and falls are the most common causes of workplace injuries in the UK, with over 10,000 serious accidents occurring each year. The Slips, Trips and Falls is designed to provide learners with an in-depth understanding of their legal requirements in regards to health and safety, taking a look at key legislation, best practice and policies.
This practical training course covers the different types of hazards in the workplace and how to mitigate the risk of injury at work. It also explores fundamental safety procedures such as risk assessments, with step-by-step guidance and instructional videos. Throughout the course, you will also familiarise with relevant safety law such as the Working at Height Regulations and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
Highlights of the Slips, Trips and Falls :
- Understand the law regarding slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- Learn about the common hazards in the workplace and how to avoid them
- Have an awareness of the statistics regarding slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- Know how to conduct a slips, trips & falls risk assessment to evaluate the safety of the working environment
- Understand the key principles of the Working at Height Regulations and other key legislation
- Gain an understanding of the legal requirements of employers and employees
- Implement effective safety measures in the workplace to ensure the safety of all staff
- Know what to do in the case of an emergency and what steps to tale to prevent accidents occurring
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Why Study This Course
This course applies to professionals of all levels, including both employers and employees. It is ideal for those who work in high-risk working environments such as construction workers. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will have the practical skills and knowledge to prove your competency in the following professions:
- Site Supervisor
- Construction Manager
- Health & Safety Officer
- Factory Worker
- Warehouse Operative
|Slips, Trips and Falls|
|Slips, Trips and Falls||01:00:00|
|Module 1: Serious Facts and the Law|
|Module 2: Slip Hazards: Causes and Controls|
|Module 3: Trip Hazards: Causes and Controls|
|Module 4: Management Issues|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
for any questions
Set your own speed
Enjoy first 7 days free
Start for free