Trauma Treatment for Children
The Trauma Treatment for Children course will introduce highly effective strategies and improved treatments to help children overcome traumatic stress. You will learn how to use the body to increase productive trauma treatment and gain working knowledge of interoception, body-based awareness and self-regulation in young children.
You will also discover how trauma affects young children physically, emotionally, mentally and socially, as well as understand trauma from a somatic and body-based perspective. Explore how therapeutic parenting techniques and clinical practice can be developed and successfully transferred to clients.
This course is led by a professional instructor, who will help you understand the unique challenges professionals face while working with acute, body-based trauma, and explain development strategies related to relational, mental, physical and complex trauma.
Highlights of The Trauma Treatment for Children:
- Gain a solid understanding of interoceptive awareness and related terminology
- Discover the link between interoceptive awareness, stress, anxiety, and mental health
- Understand the variations and connections between somatic awareness, interoceptive awareness and other body-based awareness
- Examine the usual experiences trauma survivors encounter immediately following or long after a traumatic experience
- Explore more about body-oriented self-regulation, including how to use physiological self-regulation techniques in practice
- Learn about the tools, techniques and assessments used to evaluate the level of somatic/interoceptive awareness
- Gain sufficient knowledge about how trauma affects treatment presentation, engagement, and the outcome of behavioural health services
- Identify and address the common disorders associated with traumatic stress
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Text/Video lessons
- Online study materials
Who is This Trauma Treatment for Children for?
This Trauma Treatment for Children course is suitable for caregivers, parents, child protective services workers, child counsellors, social workers, teachers, mental health workers, or probation workers interested in helping children who have experienced significant traumatic events and are experiencing chronic symptoms related to the exposure to the trauma. There are no prior learning requirements or formal degrees necessary to begin this course, and it can be studied on a full-time or part-time basis.
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
The Trauma Treatment for Children is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Upon successful completion, learners will be equipped with professional skills and knowledge to identify, assess and develop interoceptive and body-based awareness and assist children in coping with the effects that come from experiencing trauma.
|Trauma Treatment for Children|
|Module I. Bottom up, body base approach in trauma clients||01:00:00|
|Module II. Interoceptive awareness in body based trauma||01:00:00|
|Module III. Interoceptive Awareness||01:00:00|
|Module IV: Body based interventions, bring body into the present||01:31:00|