Art Therapy Level 2
Self-expression and creative expression are hugely important when it comes to improving one’s mental wellbeing, and in this Art Online Art Therapy Course, you’ll learn how art can be used as a medium for treating a range of mental health disorders, from depression to low self-esteem.
You’ll discover how Art Therapists use the power of painting, drawing and modelling to boost self-awareness in their clients and help them to understand their emotions and cognitive thought processes better. It covers theoretical and practical knowledge needed to kickstart a career in this field, with examples of art therapy in practice.
Gain the skills and knowledge to work in a range of professional settings, from classrooms and clinics to hospitals and prisons. This qualification is open to learners of all backgrounds, with the option to study on a part-time or full-time basis.
Discover the healing power of the creative mind and kickstart your career as an Art Therapist today!
- Understand the mental health benefits of art as a healing therapy
- Learn about the historical background and evolution of art therapy
- Develop your knowledge of the emergence of art therapy as a profession in the UK
- Know how to spark your clients’ imagination through individual and group activities
- Understand how creativity is related to improved mental health and self-awareness
- Develop your teaching, counselling, time management and communication skills
- Deepen your understanding of neuroscience and art therapy
- Gain the skills to organise creative healing activities for both children and adults
Who is This Course for?
This Art Therapy Course applies to the following:
- Aspiring professionals looking to gain industry skills and a formal qualification
- Artists and art teachers who are interested in a career in teaching art therapy
- Anyone who wants to take up art as a hobby to boost their mental health
- Anyone who wants to learn more about how the therapeutic benefits of art
A certificate in Art Therapy Counselling will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in the following related professions:
- Art Therapist
- Art Teacher/Tutor
- Professional Artist
- Prison Counsellor
|Art Therapy Level 2|
|WHAT IS ART THERAPY?||01:30:00|
|TRAINING: FROM APPRENTICE TO PRACTITIONER||01:00:00|
|THE HISTORICAL BACKGROUND TO ART THERAPY||01:30:00|
|THE EMERGENCE OF ART THERAPY AS A PROFESSION IN THE UK||01:00:00|
|FRAMES OF REFERENCE: PSYCHOANALYSIS, ART AND ART THERAPY||01:30:00|
|ART THERAPY IN PRACTICE||01:30:00|
|AN INTERNATIONAL PERSPECTIVE||01:30:00|
|References – Arts Therapy Course||00:00:00|
|Mock Exam- Art Therapy Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Art Therapy Level 2||00:20:00|