Self-expression and creative expression are hugely important when it comes to improving one’s mental wellbeing, and in this Art Online Art Therapy Course, you’ll learn how art can be used as a medium for treating a range of mental health disorders, from depression to low self-esteem.
You’ll discover how to use the power of painting, drawing and modelling to boost self-awareness and also how to understand their emotions and cognitive thought processes better. It covers theoretical and practical knowledge needed to kickstart a career in relevant fields, with examples of art therapy in practice.
Gain the skills and knowledge to work in a range of professional settings, from classrooms and clinics to hospitals and prisons. This qualification is open to learners of all backgrounds, with the option to study on a part-time or full-time basis.
Please note that this art therapy course does not entitle you to join the HCPC register or recognised art therapist. This Art Therapy course will not make you an Art therapist but you will come across all the basic guidelines of art therapy to boost and shine your knowledge in this particular field of Art Therapy.
- Understand the mental health benefits of art as a healing therapy
- Learn about the historical background and evolution of art therapy
- Develop your knowledge of the emergence of art therapy as a profession in the UK
- Know how to spark your clients’ imagination through individual and group activities
- Understand how creativity is related to improved mental health and self-awareness
- Develop your teaching, counselling, time management and communication skills
- Deepen your understanding of neuroscience and art therapy
- Gain the skills to organise creative healing activities for both children and adults
Who is This Course for?
This Art Therapy Course applies to the following:
- Anyone who wants to take up art as a hobby to boost their mental health
- Anyone who wants to learn more about how the therapeutic benefits of art
- Anyone with a knack for learning a new skill
A certificate in Art Therapy Counselling will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in the following related professions:
- Art Teacher/Tutor
- Professional Artist
- Prison Counsellor
|Art Therapy Level 2|
|Introduction to Art Therapy||00:17:00|
|Art Therapy: Psychology and Neuroscience||00:18:00|
|Art Therapy in Practice||00:18:00|
|Mindful Creativity: Colour and Creation||00:17:00|
|Art Therapy Techniques and Applications||00:34:00|
|Using Mindfulness in Art Therapy||00:26:00|
|Art Therapy for Children||00:21:00|
|Art Therapy for Adults||00:18:00|
|Art Therapy for Family||00:33:00|
|Illness and Art||00:15:00|
|The Art Therapist||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Art Therapy Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Art Therapy Level 2||00:20:00|
|Assignment – Art Therapy Level 2||1 week, 3 days|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money