The ATHE Level 5 Certificate in Management for Health and Social Care is a 30-credit qualification that provides standard management skills for those intending to work in, or already working in a management role.
This Ofqual regulated programme will develop your expertise and help you thrive as a manager on domestic and global platforms. The modules are specifically designed to fill any knowledge gaps you might have in the areas of health and social care.
The skills you gain through the learning process will enable you to work with adults and/or children in the community. Especially after the pandemic, with the increasing demand for qualified Care Professionals, it’s never been a better time to pursue a career in the Health and Social Care sector.
Note: Learners will not get any additional study materials with the concerned units. However, all necessary forms and guidance will be provided to the learners for assignment submission.
- Understand the factors that drive change in health and social care services
- Evaluate recent changes in health and social care services
- Understand the principles of change management
- Understand how information and knowledge is communicated within an organisation
- Understand factors that impact workplace communication
- Promote effective interpersonal communication
- Review communication within an organisation
- Understand how structure and culture impact people in organisations
- Comprehend approaches to managing the differences between individuals that impact their performance at work
- Identify the organisational factors that affect people’s performance
- Understand methods for developing human resources
- Review how people are managed within organisations
Guided Learning Hours:
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) are an average of how much time a tutor, trainer, workshop facilitator etc., will spend and guide a learner to help them complete the learning outcomes of a unit to the appropriate level.
The Total Guided Learning Hours is 120
Remember that one mandatory unit and one of the two optional units must be completed within this time.
Total Qualification Time:
It estimates how long it would take a learner to accomplish the level of achievement required for the certification to be provided for the qualification; i.e. to attain all learning outcomes.
Total Qualification Time (TQT) is made up of the GLH and all other time taken in preparation, study, and any other form of participation like assignment or assessment, in education or training that is not under the direct supervision of a lecturer, supervisor or tutor. TQT calculates the credit value of this qualification as one credit equals 10 hours of learning.
The Total Qualification Time is 300 Hours
The Total Credit Value is 30
Method of Assessment:
The learner has to complete a final written assignment for each module and submit it via an online portal. No other formal assessment, i.e. exam, will be associated with the units.
Please Note: The fee for the assignments is included in the course price.
Who is this course for?
The ATHE Level 5 Certificate in Management for Health and Social Care qualification is designed for:
- Students who want to advance to a higher education to the final year of a Bachelor’s degree course in the management area within the Healthcare sector
- Those who wish to progress their career in the Healthcare sector for management roles.
- Learners must be over the age of 18
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- Prior study in Healthcare Management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- A level 4 qualification; for example, an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- An appropriate standard of English
- If English is not the learner’s first language, the following standards of proficiency in the English language is recommended:
- IELTS 5.5
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49
Learners may also have relevant work experience. Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After enrolling, you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find the resources, guidance, assignments and tips you need to succeed with your studies. You will get dedicated support from a student mentor who will provide you with the tips and guidance throughout the course. The mentor will guide you in understanding the guidance, learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course and will also suggest additional study materials so that you can study the topics thoroughly. You will have a clear understanding of the requirements of each unit for getting qualified. You can contact with the mentor through email any time. After submitting all the assignments, you will get detailed feedback from our qualified assessor, if needed. It will help you prepare in the best possible way and find out any flaws that can prevent you getting qualified.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of our courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
|Unit 1: Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care|
|LO1 Understand the factors that drive change in health and social care services||00:00:00|
|LO2 Be able to evaluate recent changes in health and social care services||00:00:00|
|LO3 Understand the principles of change management||00:00:00|
|Suggested Resources- Facilitating Change||00:00:00|
|Assignment : Unit 1 Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care||00:00:00|
|Unit 2: Managing Communication|
|LO1 Understand how information and knowledge is communicated within an organisation||00:00:00|
|LO2 Understand factors that impact on workplace communication||00:00:00|
|LO3 Be able to promote effective interpersonal communication||00:00:00|
|LO4 Be able to review communication within an organisation||00:00:00|
|Suggested Resources- Unit 2 Managing Communication||00:00:00|
|Assignment : Unit 2Managing Communication||00:00:00|
|Unit 3: People Management|
|LO1 Understand how structure and culture impact on people in organisations||00:00:00|
|LO2 Understand approaches to managing the differences between individuals that impact on their performance at work||00:00:00|
|LO3 Understand the organisational factors that impact on people performance||00:00:00|
|Suggested Resources- Unit 3 People Management||00:00:00|
|Assignment : Unit 3 People Management||00:00:00|
|Submit your assignment - ATHE Level 5 Certificate In Management for Health and Social Care|
|Submit your assignment – ATHE Level 5 Certificate In Management for Health and Social Care||00:00:00|