The ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting course is intended to improve students’ knowledge and expertise in tax and accounting regulations, as well as how these structures are implemented in the workplace. Learners who complete this certification will have a thorough understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to be a competent accountant, including the ability to generate and comprehend a wide variety of financial data and accounts.
It serves as an opportunity for learners to gain a broad understanding of accounting topics, particularly in SMEs, and a foundation for lifelong learning to develop as a person, by expanding one’s awareness, understanding, and abilities.
Note: Learners will not get any additional study materials with the concerned units. However, all necessary forms and guidance will be provided to the learners for assignment submission.
- Be able to define, demonstrate, and implement basic accounting, finance, management, marketing, and economic principles.
- Know how to use information to aid business processes and activities including problem solving and decision-making.
- Learn how to apply quantitative expertise to assist in the analysis and resolution of business issues, as well as the identification and utilisation of business opportunities.
- Be able to employ communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Understand an accountants’ ethical and social obligations in ensuring the accuracy of financial records.
- Develop a working knowledge of internal control issues and the regulatory environment’s effect on financial reporting.
Guided Learning Hours:
The immediate instruction or supervision of an instructor, supervisor, mentor, or other suitable providers of education or training is referred to as guided learning.
The Total Guided Learning Hours is 480.
Total Qualification Time:
This is a rough estimation of how long it would take a learner to reach and show the degree of achievement required for the certification to be awarded; i.e. to complete all learning objectives.
The following are some examples of tutor-directed activities that can help with TQT:
- Prepping for classes and assignments
- Additional research, background reading, compiling a work experience portfolio, e-learning, watching a pre-recorded podcast or webinar
The Total Qualification Time is 1200 Hours.
The Total Credit value is 120.
Method of Assessment:
ATHE promotes student participation by allowing them to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of a subject, as well as consider how they could apply that knowledge in a given situation. It’s better to avoid writing essays and instead use a variety of assessment methods, such as:
- A research operation that results in the creation of a report,
- An analytical paper or article for publication,
- The creation of a case study,
- Critical analysis and assessment of a chosen company’s policies, practises, and processes,
- A set project completed for an employer (also known as an employer engagement activity),
- The creation of a portfolio of evidence relating to a specific unit
Who is this course for?
This ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting applies to the following:
- Those aiming to better their skills, abilities and credibility.
- Those that want to advance to the next stage of their career and expand their opportunities.
Those who complete the course can advance to a Level 6 Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree top-up programme at a reduced cost.
This course is open to anyone who is capable of meeting the appropriate requirements and should be free of any obstacles to entry or advancement.
- The learner must be at least 18 years old
- ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Accounting
- Other related level 4 subjects such as the ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- The following levels of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent are recommended for those who do not speak English as their first language: IELTS 5.5, Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49.
Learners who complete this course will be eligible to enter the final year of a Bachelor’s degree, pursue a Level 6 Diploma, or choose a BA Degree. They can also apply for jobs such as:
- Financial Accounting Manager
- Accounting Analyst
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Fund Accounting Manager
- Revenue Accounting Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Finance Executive
- Corporate Tax manager
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After enrolling, you will receive your log in details for our learning platform. Here you will find the resources, guidance, assignments and tips you need to succeed with your studies. You will get dedicated support from a student mentor who will provide you with the tips and guidance throughout the course. The mentor will guide you in understanding the guidance, learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course and will also suggest additional study materials so that you can study the topics thoroughly. You will have a clear understanding of the requirements of each unit for getting qualified. You can contact with the mentor through email any time. After submitting all the assignments, you will get detailed feedback from our qualified assessor, if needed. It will help you prepare in the best possible way and find out any flaws that can prevent you getting qualified.
Yes. As well as being accredited by an industry leading Institute, your course is also regulated and approved by Ofqual, the governing body for Qualifications in the UK. This means you can study any of our courses safe in the knowledge that upon completion of your studies you will receive a certificate of your educational achievement which will be recognised globally.
|Unit 01: Financial Reporting|
|LO 1: Be able to prepare financial statements for sole traders and partnerships|
|Lo 1 Be Able to Prepare Financial Statements for Sole Traders and Partnerships||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Be able to prepare company financial statements|
|Lo 2 Be Able to Prepare Company Financial Statements||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Be able to interpret financial statements and make justified recommendations|
|Lo 3 Be Able to Interpret Financial Statements and Make Justified Recommendations||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 1 Athe L5 Accounting – Financial Reporting||00:00:00|
|Unit 02: Financial Management|
|LO 1: Be able to apply investment appraisal methods|
|Lo 1 Be Able to Apply Investment Appraisal Methods||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Be able to advise on managing financial risks|
|Lo 2 Be Able to Advise on Managing Financial Risks||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Understand the management of long-term finance|
|Lo 3 Understand the Management of Long-term Finance||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 2 ATHE L5 Accounting – Financial Management||00:00:00|
|Unit 03: Financial and Management Control|
|LO 1: Understand how to improve business performance|
|Lo 1 Understand How to Improve Business Performance||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Be able to prepare budgets for organisations and analyse causes of costs and sales variances|
|Lo 2 Be Able to Prepare Budgets for Organisations and Analyse Causes of Costs and Sales Variances||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Understand internal and external factors that affect organisations|
|Lo 3 Understand Internal and External Factors That Affect Organisations||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 3 ATHE L5 Accounting – Financial and Management Control||00:00:00|
|Unit 04: Business Taxation|
|LO 1: Be able to calculate tax for the self- employed and complete self- assessment tax returns|
|Lo 1 Be Able to Calculate Tax for the Self- Employed and Complete Self- Assessment Tax Returns||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Be able to calculate taxable income, corporation tax and prepare corporation tax returns|
|Lo 2 Be Able to Calculate Taxable Income, Corporation Tax and Prepare Corporation Tax Returns||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Be able to calculate VAT and complete VAT returns|
|Lo 3 Be Able to Calculate Vat and Complete Vat Returns||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 4 ATHE L5 Accounting – Business Taxation||00:00:00|
|Unit 05: Quantitative Methods|
|LO 1: Be able to use numerical and algebraic methods|
|Lo 1 Be Able to Use Numerical and Algebraic Methods||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Understand how to collect, process and interpret data|
|Lo 2 Understand How to Collect, Process and Interpret Data||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Be able to design an investigation with appropriate inferential testing|
|Lo 3 Be Able to Design an Investigation With Appropriate Inferential Testing||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 5 ATHE L5 Accounting – Quantitative Methods||00:00:00|
|Unit 06: Assurance|
|LO 1: Understand the concept of assurance|
|Lo 1 Understand the Concept of Assurance||00:00:00|
|LO 2: Understand the nature and importance of internal controls|
|Lo 2 Understand the Nature and Importance of Internal Controls||00:00:00|
|LO 3: Understand how to gather evidence when completing an assurance engagement|
|Lo 3 Understand How to Gather Evidence When Completing an Assurance Engagement||00:00:00|
|LO 4: Understand the need for professional ethics when completing assurance engagements|
|Lo 4 Understand the Need for Professional Ethics When Completing Assurance Engagements||00:00:00|
|Assignment Unit 6 ATHE L5 Accounting – Assurance||00:00:00|
|Submit your assignment|
|Submit Your Assignments – ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Accounting||00:00:00|