Dual Diagnosis Level 2
Gain a solid understanding of the relationship between substance misuse and mental health with the Dual Diagnosis Level 2 course. In this course, you will learn the definition of the term dual diagnosis, how dual diagnosis is treated, as well as signs and symptoms. This course is a general introduction to care provision for those who are suffering from multiple mental health disorders from drug addiction.
In this comprehensive training course, you will learn about the history of dual diagnosis and factors that contribute to dual diagnosis. You will also broaden your understanding of the different mental health disorders associated with dual diagnosis and the triggers and warning signs of addiction. This course is ideal for those who work or are aspiring to work in a social care or health care setting.
Highlights of The Dual Diagnosis Level 2:
- Understand the complex relationship between substance abuse and mental health
- Gain a solid understanding of the common mental health disorders associated with drug abuse
- Familiarise with the guidelines and legislation regarding dual diagnosis management
- Develop your knowledge of the different genetic, social and environmental factors that lead to drug abuse
- Expand your knowledge of the chemistry of drugs and the dangers of mixing them
- Identify the warning signs and triggers of dual diagnosis and substance abuse
- Learn about diagnosis, side effects, treatment and medication in drug addiction
- Be prepared for cases of overdosing by exploring emergency management practices
- Have a solid understanding of the history of dual diagnosis, theories and concepts
- Understand the key differences between drug abuse and misuse
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Who is This Course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in a career in mental health and drug addiction counselling who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of dual diagnosis and how it is treated.
Why Study This Course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Dual Diagnosis Level 2 is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
How is The Course Assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I Receive a Certificate of Completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
On successful completion of this course, learners will have a comprehensive understanding of dual diagnosis, which will open doors for them when it comes to the following careers:
- NHS Staff
- Healthcare Assistant
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Dual Diagnosis Support Worker
- Substance Misuse Team Leader
|Module 01: Dual Diagnosis: A Challenge of New Era||00:40:00|
|Module 02: Drugs and Their Effects||00:40:00|
|Module 03: Mental Health: An Introduction||00:50:00|
|Module 04: Brain Works – Neurophysiology||00:50:00|
|Module 05: Harm Minimisation and Optical Health||01:00:00|
|Module 06: Models of Care and Dual Diagnosis||00:45:00|
|Module 07: Psychological Interventions in Dual Diagnosis||00:30:00|
|Module 08: Practice and Policy Issues||00:30:00|
|Module 09: Ethical Issues and Mental Health Act||00:35:00|
|Module 10: The Assessment Process in Dual Diagnosis||00:40:00|
|Module 11: Treatment in Dual Diagnosis||01:10:00|
|Mock Exam- Dual Diagnosis Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam- Dual Diagnosis Level 2||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.