Dyslexia Awareness Course
Actively help those with Dyslexia by taking this comprehensive course, which will raise your awareness of this most common cognitive disorder. Figures differ, but it is agreed that hundreds of millions of people suffer from this disorder globally. By playing your part and supporting those afflicted with it, you can make a big difference to many people’s lives. Our interactive online modules will explain why this condition exists and the huge impact it can have on the development of young people and adults.
The course covers everything you’ll need to understand, and by association, lessen the impact it can have on the mental health and social lives of sufferers. You’ll be enlightened as to why Dyslexia can cause, and the devastating effect it can have on school children who exhibit symptoms of this disorder. We also cover the UK laws and legislation that protects those with Dyslexia, and the cognitive approaches and treatments that are currently being practised to lessen the impact of it.
- Understand what causes Dyslexia to manifest itself in an individual
- Learn the effects that Dyslexia has on the typical human mind
- Know why Dyslexia can cause acute learning difficulties
- Acquire the ability to identify symptoms of Dyslexia in the young and old
- Be able to support and coach school children with learning problems caused by Dyslexia
- Obtain an acute understanding of the prejudices and discrimination that people with Dyslexia may encounter
- Display a knowledge of the UK laws that aid people living with Dyslexia with learning and employment challenges
- Promote an acute awareness of Dyslexia and the rights of those that suffer with it
Why People Love And Enrol In The Dyslexia From One Education:
- Instantly accessible CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of this Dyslexia
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- Study at your own pace
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient assessment and instant results
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple-choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
To enhance your knowledge regarding the course and to further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish.
After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
After completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, for £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, for just £15.
Who is This course for?
This course is specially designed to provide all individuals with an acute awareness of the problems people with Dyslexia encounter in their lifetime, as well as a greater understanding of the cause and effect of the disorder.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Dyslexia. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Dyslexia is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This course is suited to those that will encounter individuals with Dyslexia in a professional or personal capacity. It is most likely to be of benefit to those in the education sector. This may cover the following roles and careers:
- SEN or SENCO teacher
- Social care worker
- Job Centre advisor
- Child psychiatrist or therapist
|Module 01: Introduction to Dyslexia||00:18:00|
|Module 02: Dyslexia and Learning Difficulties||00:18:00|
|Module 03: Dyslexia in the School||00:23:00|
|Module 04: Cognitive Approaches in Dyslexia||00:16:00|
|Module 05: Law for Dyslexia||00:14:00|
|Mock Exam – Dyslexia||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Dyslexia||00:20:00|