Furniture Restoration and Design
Are you the owner of a second-hand furniture business and want to restore your furniture before selling? Are you looking to update your living space with refurbished furniture? Probably you are in search of this Furniture Restoration and Design course. This furniture restoration course will equip you with the tools, techniques, and tricks to restore old furniture into unique pieces.
Throughout this Furniture Restoration and Design course, you’ll go through the basic principles and techniques for restoring various types of materials and creating DIY décor. With this course, you will learn how to develop the quality of old furniture pieces, to give them a new, restored look. You’ll also learn how to keep the integrity of antique items while redecorating them. In a nutshell, this course will show you the step-by-step process of how to turn trash into valued treasures.
Sign up today and learn the tips and tricks to create beautiful and cost-friendly furniture.
Highlights of this Furniture Restoration and Design course:
- Expand your knowledge of the principles of furniture restoration
- Discover the history of furniture restoration and the benefits of restoring old furniture
- Get a solid understanding of antique versus modern restorations
- Learn how to choose a concept or theme for restoring all types of furniture
- Understand how to find the right supplies for your restoration project
- Familiarise with the safety precautions you need to take while working on any furniture restoration task
- Identify various types of woods and learn techniques for sanding, stripping and repairing cracks or scratches
- Familiarise with different painting techniques, staining, polishing, waxing, and other finishing steps
- Understand the types of upholstery that can be restored and learn how to update upholstery
- Gain sufficient knowledge of cutting, sewing, and working with fabrics and foam
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Furniture Restoration and Design is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|Furniture Restoration and Design|
|Module 01 : The Principles and Essentials of Furniture Restoration||01:33:00|
|Module 02 : Being Ready and Getting Started||01:15:00|
|Module 03 : Understanding Wood and Working with Timber||02:09:00|
|Module 04 : Upholstery and How Best to Update It||01:21:00|
|Module 05 : The Wider Application of Restoration Work||01:12:00|
|Mock Exam – Furniture Restoration and Design||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Furniture Restoration and Design||00:20:00|