Gestalt therapy is a form of existential and experiential psychotherapy. This approach of psychotherapy focuses on healing depression and anxiety, post-traumatic stress, and other psychological complications. If you want to learn the gestalt approach to use in your work or you want to become a Gestalt therapist, this Gestalt Therapy course is for you.
Gestalt therapy usually deals with the past problems of individuals and helps them to overcome them. Our Gestalt Therapy course will teach learners all about Gestalt therapy, the healing techniques, and how to use these techniques in different therapy environments. You will also learn the most effective way to use the Gestalt approach in therapy sessions.
Highlights of the Gestalt Therapy:
- Get introduced to psychotherapy and understand the different types of psychotherapy
- Explore the origins of the Gestalt approach and get a solid understanding of Gestalt therapy
- Familiarise with the therapeutic relationship in Gestalt therapy
- Get a solid understanding of the differences between psychoanalysis and the Gestalt approach
- Gain sufficient knowledge of the philosophy and principles of Gestalt therapy
- Understand the concept of respect, social responsibility, and relationship in Gestalt therapy
- Familiarise with the phenomenological method
- Understand various Gestalt therapy techniques and learn how to use them in therapy sessions
- Familiarise with the types and methods of therapy and learn how to work with couples and groups
- Learn about the benefits and limitations of the Gestalt approach
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Gestalt Therapy is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|About the Instructor||FREE||00:03:00|
|About the Course||00:05:00|
|What is Psychotherapy||00:10:00|
|Introduction to Gestalt Therapy|
|What is Gestalt Therapy||00:09:00|
|The origins of Gestalt Approach||00:12:00|
|Psychoanalysis & Gestalt approach||00:09:00|
|Forms of Psychotherapy||00:11:00|
|Therapeutic Relationship in Gestalt therapy||00:11:00|
|Philosophy and Principles in Gestalt Therapy|
|The ‘Self’ in Gestalt therapy||00:09:00|
|Gestalt ‘Present’ Awareness||00:10:00|
|The concept of ‘Respect’||00:06:00|
|The concept of ‘Social Responsibility’||00:07:00|
|The Concept of ‘Relationship’ in Gestalt||00:08:00|
|The Essence & Principles|
|Field Theoretical strategies||00:07:00|
|The Theory of Change||00:09:00|
|The concept of ‘Mindfulness’||00:11:00|
|Gestalt Therapy Techniques|
|Exercise and Experiments||00:05:00|
|The Empty Chair Technique||00:09:00|
|Discussing ‘dreams’ (Dream Work)||00:10:00|
|Exaggeration & Repetition||00:05:00|
|Guided Imagery and Fantasy||00:11:00|
|Working with ‘Unfinished Business’||00:09:00|
|Forms & Methods of Therapy|
|Working with Couples||00:10:00|
|Working with Groups||00:06:00|
|Pros & Cons of Gestalt Therapy|
|The Strengths of Gestalt approach||00:04:00|
|Critiques & Limitations||00:05:00|
|Thank You and Good Bye!||00:02:00|