One of the main causes of injury in the workplace, next to slips, trips and falls, is manual handling. To comply with HSE law, all professionals who are responsible for operating and lifting heavy machinery or equipment must have a clear understanding of the safety measures that need to be in place to ensure full competency in the workplace.
The Manual Handling Level 2 course covers heavy lifting technique, hazard analysis, common workplace injuries, and much more. Through case studies and audio-visual content, you will learn how to use the correct form when lifting and will be guided through the risk assessment process, exploring the different types of manual handling in-depth. You will also learn how to report a manual handling incident, and what to do in the case of an emergency.
Highlights of Manual Handling Level 2 Course
- Identify the different forms of manual handling and their safety risks
- Demonstrate an understanding of the common injuries caused by manual handling
- Mitigate potential manual handling hazards on-site and in the workplace
- Understand the correct form for the safe manual handling of equipment
- Know the correct procedures for recording and reporting manual handling incidents
- Understand the different elements of a manual handling risk assessment
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free environment to ensure the safety of all staff
- Work in compliance with manual handling laws in the UK and HSE regulations
Who is this Course for?
This course is ideal for those who work in the construction or manufacturing industry who are responsible for operating heavy equipment or machinery. This course can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis and has no specific entry requirements.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will have the skills, confidence and competence to work safely with heavy equipment and machinery, maintain a safe working environment and ensure the correct safety measures are in place to mitigate and control any risks in the workplace. This course applies to:
- Construction Workers
- Factory Workers
- Warehouse Workers
|Manual Handling Level 2|
|Module 01: Introduction, Legislation and Guidance||00:20:00|
|Module 02: Manual Handling Hazards and Injuries||00:23:00|
|Module 03: Manual Handling Risk Assessments||00:20:00|
|Module 04: Controlling and Reducing the Risks||00:28:00|
|Module 05: Safe Lifting Techniques||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam – Manual Handling Level 2||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Manual Handling Level 2||00:20:00|
Training 10 or more people?
Get your team access to 3,000+ top courses anytime, anywhere.Try One Education Business
No Reviews found for this course.
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money