SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs
Being a special education teacher is a challenging yet rewarding career. This SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course is designed to provide you with the specific competencies and skills needed for successful job performance as a special education teacher. In this course, you will learn how to help moderate to severe special needs children who have a range of learning, physical, emotional, and mental disabilities. Gain a detailed overview of how to design suitable teaching strategies for pupils with SEN to produce better learning outcomes, and successfully plan, develop and implement individualised learning plans for each pupil.
This particular course also focuses on how to maintain current knowledge of special education best practices and trends, including how to build pupils’’ personal development skills to reach their full potential.
Highlights of the SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs course:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the SEN Code of Practice.
- Familiarise with OfSTED framework relevant to your school or work setting.
- Be able to identify symptoms of learning difficulties and behavioural difficulties.
- Learn to successfully utilise a variety of teaching methods and practices to suit the diverse educational needs of the pupils.
- Understand how to monitor, assess and document each pupil’s improvement using careful measurements and assessment methods.
- Get a solid comprehension of how SEN and disabilities affect pupils’ participation and learning.
- Develop your understanding of models of leadership that promote the school actively.
- Learn proven strategies for enhancing the performance of pupils with SEN.
- Be able to work with children and young people who have physical, emotional or mental disabilities.
- Learn how to prepare special needs students for inclusion and transition to mainstream schools.
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your PDF Certificate at a cost of £9 and Hardcopy Certificate for £15.
Why study this course
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The SEN Teacher Training – Special Educational Needs is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
|SEN Teacher Training - Special Educational Needs|
|Module 1: Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher||00:05:00|
|Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN||01:00:00|
|Module 3: Principles and Practice of Leadership in Different Contexts||00:45:00|
|Module 4: How SEN and Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning||00:30:00|
|Module 5: Strategies for Improving the Performance of the Pupils with SEN||00:20:00|
|Module 6: Whole-school Planning and Organisation||00:45:00|
|Module 7: Assessment||00:20:00|
|Module 8: Teamwork for SEN: Roles and Functions||01:00:00|
|Module 9: Planning for Individual Students with SEN||00:30:00|
|Module 10: Teaching and Learning in the Inclusive School||00:45:00|
No Reviews found for this course.