The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is an Ofqual regulated 60 credit qualification designed to provide you with accredited finance and accounting knowledge and expertise.
The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting course is accredited by ATHE, the fastest growing Awarding Organisation across the UK. ATHE is a long-standing, Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation, ensuring that your certification is professional and recognised.
The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting is designed to strengthen your understanding of accounting and finance regulations and how these systems are applied in the business. Learners who finish this certification will have a solid understanding of the skills and knowledge required of a competent accountant, including the ability to prepare and compile financial statements. This accredited course includes practical and theoretical knowledge that can be easily applied in a real-world context. All lessons have been designed so that anyone with no prior knowledge can easily dive into them.
Take this course and get certified to work at a nationally accredited standard.
Note: Learners will not get any additional study materials with the concerned units. However, all necessary forms and guidance will be provided to the learners for assignment submission.
The fee of the Exam is excluded from the subscription, so you have to buy the exam for this course.
- Learn about the basic concept and principles of accounting
- Deepen the knowledge of accounting within an organisation
- Familiarise yourself with financial accounting applications
- Learn about Budgetary Control and accounting management
- Explore the techniques of cost accounting
- Acquire the ability to make critical evaluation decisions
- Learn about ethical, social and political issues in accounting practice
Guided Learning Hours:
These hours comprise all guidance or supervision of a learner by a lecturer, supervisor, tutor, trainer, or other appropriate education or training providers.
The GLH for this qualification is 300
Total Qualification Time:
The total qualification time requires The Guided Learning Hours (GLH) and an average number of hours that a learner is likely to spend in training, research, or any other learning, including evaluation, as directed by, but not under the guidance of, an instructor or supervisor.
The average amount of time it takes a learner to reach and show the degree of achievement required for the award of the qualification is 600 hours, with one credit equaling 10 hours of learning.
The Total Credit value is 60
Method of Assessment:
The completion of a few short assignments constitutes assessment tasks. You must demonstrate general reading and provide references in your work.
For this Diplomas, it might include:
- Assessment through: a research activity resulting in the compilation of a report
- A paper for a meeting
- The use of a case study
- Oral presentations
- Analysis of data and calculations
- A critical review and evaluation of a chosen company’s financial statements and systems
- A set project completed for an employer (also known as an ’employer engagement activity)
- The production of a portfolio of evidence relating to a particular unit.
All assignments should be submitted through the online portal.
Who is this course for?
This ATHE Level, 3 Diploma in Accounting, applies to the following:
- Accounting professionals who are seeking promotions or variety in their professional field.
- Those studying Accounting for their higher qualification
- Aspiring professionals and students looking to build their career in the accounting profession enrich their numeracy knowledge and gain a formal certification for their existing knowledge.
- Business owners who are looking to learn accounting best practices for taking control of their business’s finances.
- Must have the age range of 18 and above.
- Must have a GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades 4 and above
- ATHE level 3 Diploma
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Must also have an appropriate standard of English, Maths and IT
- Those whose English is not the first language, IELTs 5.5 or CAE162+ or an approved equivalent, are recommended
This ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting will enable you to utilise your gained expertise in a broad range of promising career opportunities, such as:
- Accounting Manager
- Business Analyst
- Administrative Assistant
- Financial Auditor
- Revenue Tax Specialist
- Assurance Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Investment Analyst
- Real Estate Analyst
- Equity Research Analyst
|Unit 1: Introduction to Accounting|
|LO 1 Understand the role of accounting in organisations||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Understand the different types of accountancy practice||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Be able to prepare a credit control policy||00:00:00|
|Assignment_ Intro to Accounting||00:00:00|
|Unit 2: Introduction to Accounting Principles|
|LO 1 Be able to use the accounting equation||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Understand accounting policies, principles and concepts||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Be able to prepare a credit control policy||00:00:00|
|LO 4 Be able to prepare a trial balance||00:00:00|
|Assignment _ Introduction to Accounting Principles||00:00:00|
|Unit 3: Financial Accounting Applications|
|LO 1 Be able to prepare final accounts for sole traders.||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Be able to prepare final accounts for non-profit making organisations (third sector organisations)||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Be able to analyse accounting statements||00:00:00|
|Assignement_ Financial Accounting Applications||00:00:00|
|Unit 4: Introduction to Management Accounting|
|LO1 Be able to prepare organisational budgets to inform organisational decisions||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Understand inventory valuation and management||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Be able to use capital investment appraisal techniques to inform organisational decisions||00:00:00|
|Assignment_ Introduction to Management Accounting||00:00:00|
|Unit 5: Introduction to Cost Accounting Techniques|
|LO 1 Understand marginal costing||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Be able to apply absorption costing techniques||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Be able to apply Cost Volume Profit Analysis to business decisions||00:00:00|
|Assignment_ Introduction to Cost Accounting Techniques||00:00:00|
|Unit 6: Ethical, Social and Political Issues in Accounting Practice|
|LO 1 Understand the use of accounting software in business organisations||00:00:00|
|LO 2 Understand fundamental principles of ethical behaviour in accounting||00:00:00|
|LO 3 Understand the use of accounting software in business organisations||00:00:00|
|Assignment_ Ethical, Social and Political Issues in Accounting Practice||00:00:00|
|Submit your Assignment|
|Submit your Assignments : ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting||00:00:00|
|Resubmit Your Assignments|
|Resubmit Your Assignments – ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Accounting||00:00:00|
Get accredited certificates
Add skills to your CV
Test your skills
For any questions
Set your own speed
Save your money