Getting certification on TEFL course opens up a world of possibilities, but it’s easy to let your doubts and fears put you off. You might feel your lack of experience or qualifications will be a drawback, but you can turn them into a real strength. And if you dream of living and working abroad, this useful qualification can have a major impact on fulfilling your dreams.
Things To Remember For TEFL Course
If you don’t have a degree, don’t panic!
Our online TEFL course is open to all students over the age of 16 from any academic background. Teaching materials are engaging and accessible and you can access course content anywhere, anytime from your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Think you’re too old for TEFL?
Think again. As long as you’re 16 or older you can achieve your accreditation and set out to teach. Many establishments prefer older people for their wealth of life experiences and the different perspective they can bring to learning English as a foreign language. Some students also prefer older teachers, particularly for intensive one on one courses.
You don’t Need to be a native English Speaker
The only requirements for your online course are good levels of English, ICT and numeracy. So if you’re not a native English speaker but you have a great command of the language, that won’t be a barrier – in fact, it can be a real advantage. You’ll have an invaluable insight into learning English as a foreign language that other teachers lack. And that can be a real strength when you’re applying for teaching positions in the UK and abroad.
Every Teacher Has to Start Somewhere
Finally, if you have no teaching experience at all, don’t worry! Our online TEFL course is designed to set you up with all the skills you need to tackle your first teaching job. Most TEFL students don’t have any prior experience, but our comprehensive lessons will mean you’re well equipped to teach every aspect of English in a range of situations. Every teacher has to start somewhere, so you’re not alone! Don’t let self-doubt stop you from setting out on your teaching path. Book onto our online TEFL course and make the world your oyster!
Reasons to learn a new language
- How Do People Develop Cross Cultural Communication Skills?
- TESOL Certification: How To Get Started With A Career In TESOL?
- 10 Ways Parents Can Get Involved in Child’s Education
- Effective Communication Skills For Social Workers
- What is the Difference Between a Podiatrist and a Chiropodist?
- Marriage Advice: The 8 Communication Skills of Happy couple
- 10 Essential Communication Skills for Workplace
- 10 Best Assertive Communication Worksheets and Techniques
- The Importance of Effective Communication in Healthcare
- Technology Amongst Youngsters: Tech Tools Your Students Need to Know About