Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering
It is a legal requirement that all catering professionals who handle food must have an excellent understanding of food hygiene and safety regulations, to ensure full compliance in their role. In the Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course, you will be trained in all areas of food safety for the catering industry. It covers key topics such as temperature control, HACCP systems, cleaning procedures and personal hygiene.
This comprehensive training course will deepen your understanding of best practice procedures in the catering sector, through case studies and instructor-led guidance, in compliance with the Food Safety Act 1990. It will teach you how to maintain a high standard of service, with guidance on storing, preserving, delivering and preparing food.
Furthermore, you will learn about bacteria prevention and foodborne diseases, as well as food poisoning symptoms, types and treatment. This course is ideal for those who are new to the catering sector and wish to learn fundamental codes of practice when handling food.
Show full competency in your catering role and learn online from qualified experts.
- Understand the law and key legislation regarding food safety & hygiene best practice
- Identify the different types of food bacteria and microbiological hazards
- Understand the types and symptoms of food poisoning and food-borne diseases
- Know how to implement and monitor a HACCP system in the workplace
- Set a high standard of personal hygiene in the workplace at all times
- Learn essential commercial cleaning procedures and best practices
- Know how to store and preserve food using correct temperature controls
- Gain the fundamental skills to train staff on food hygiene and safety measures
- Prove competency in your field by following UK food safety regulations
- Take your career in the catering, hospitality or catering sector to the next level
Who is This Course for?
This food & hygiene course applies to the following:
- All professional food handlers
- Anyone looking to start a career in the catering sector
- Restaurant, cafe and hotel owners
- Anyone who wants to gain a deeper understanding of food safety & hygiene
This Food Hygiene Level 2 Course will equip learners with a range of skills required to handle, prepare and serve food. It is ideal for those in the following professions:
- Waiting staff
- Kitchen Manager
- Catering Assistant
- Food Production Assistant
|Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering|
|Introduction to Food Safety and the Law||00:35:00|
|Bacteria and Microbiological Hazards||00:29:00|
|Physical, Chemical and Allergenic Hazards||00:25:00|
|Food Poisoning and Control Measures||00:24:00|
|Food Spoilage and Food Storage||00:38:00|
|HACCP and Food Premises Part 01||00:38:00|
|HACCP and Food Premises Part-02||00:28:00|
|Mock Exam – Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering||00:20:00|